"Sony Design Talk" Newsletter
This email subscription service delivers the latest information on the Creative Center, Sony Group Corporation's design division. To use this service, please sign up from the application site accessed from the bottom of the page after reading the following terms of service.
Terms of Email Subscription Service
Sony Group Corporation (hereinafter referred to as the "Company") provides a newsletter service that mainly focuses on the latest information about the Creative Center, the Companyâs design division, and any announcements it makes (hereinafter referred to as "membership service"), according to the provisions of Terms of Subscription Service (hereinafter referred to as the "Terms"). Membership service will be provided only to subscribers who have completed membership registration (hereinafter referred to as "members"). applicants shall be deemed to have accepted to the Terms by applying for membership registration. Members shall comply with the Terms when using the membership service so that they will not cause any problem for other members or third parties.
â Membership registration
- (1) Please provide correct information when applying for membership registration.
- (2) Members shall promptly notify the Company of any changes to the information registered under the preceding paragraph at the contact separately designated by the Company (hereinafter referred to as the "contact"), and any subsequent changes shall also be notified each time to update the registered information. The Company shall not be held liable for any damage incurred by a member due to a failure to update the registered information by the member.
- (3) Should the information registered or updated according to "Membership registration" (2) (hereinafter referred to as "registered information") contain false information, the Company may suspend or terminate the provision of membership service to the member in question and refuse membership registration both now and in the future.
- (4) In addition to the case provided in "Membership registration" (3) , the Company may refuse membership registration and the provision of membership service without prior notice when the Company has judged that the member in question is unlikely to comply with the Terms or when the Company has deemed it necessary due to special circumstances.
â Use of registered information by the Company
(1) Name of Company handling personal information
Sony Group Corporation
(2) Personal information to be provided
Members will be asked to provide their name, email address, and other information specified on the subscription form (hereinafter referred to as "personal information") needed to apply for membership registration.
(3) Purpose of use of personal information
(4) Handling of personal information
The Company shall strictly manage all personal information provided, keep the information accurate and up-to-date within the scope of the purpose of use provided in "Use of Registered Information by the Company" (3) , and take necessary and appropriate security management measures in keeping with the current technical standards so as to protect the information from unauthorized access, falsification, leakage, etc.
(5) Provision of personal information to third parties
The Company may disclose personal information to a third party without obtaining the consent of the relevant member in the following cases:
â when the Company needs to provide the member's personal information to YMIRLINK, Inc., to which the Company outsources operations, for the purpose of use provided in "Use of Registered Information by the Company" (3) (the Company selected YMIRLINK, Inc. after confirming that it fulfills sufficient personal information security standards, and the Company provides necessary and appropriate audit through a contract, etc.);
â¡ when a judicial organ or an administrative organ makes a request based on laws and regulations, and the grounds for the request are deemed reasonable; and
â¢ when the information shall be provided to protect a person's life, body, or property, or to protect the Company's property from criminal acts, etc., and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the relevant member.
(6) Request for the disclosure, etc. of personal information
In accordance with laws and regulations, the Company will promptly respond to any request for the disclosure, etc. of personal information after verifying that the requester is the member who provided the information, with regard to checking, modifying, updating, or deleting the content of personal information, or the partial or total withdrawal of the consent to use or disclose the information.
(7) Inquiries concerning the handling of personal information
Any matter concerning the handling of personal information will be addressed at the following contact.
Creative Center, Sony Group Corporation
Address: 1-7-1 Konan, Minato City, Tokyo 108-0075
â Membership service
(1) The Company provides members with membership service free of charge.
Members shall prepare the devices, software, communication line, etc. needed to use membership service and bear communication costs, etc. at their own expense and on their own responsibility, and in no event shall the Company be liable for any damage.
(2) Membership service consists of the following items:
1. email-based subscription service to deliver the latest information on the Company's design division; and
2. email-based subscription service to deliver information that the Company will announce from time to time, in addition to that provided in the preceding item.
â Cancelling membership registration, modifying and adding content, and discontinuing service
The Company may suspend or terminate the provision of membership service, or modify the content of the service, without prior notice. Moreover, in no event shall the Company be liable for any damage incurred by members or third parties due to the suspension or termination of membership service or modification of its content.
Members who request to suspend membership service shall notify the [contact] to that effect. The Company will delete the relevant member's registered information, cancel the membership registration, and terminate the provision of membership service within 14 days of said notification.
The Company shall not offer any guarantee, whether implicitly or explicitly, on membership service (including, but not limited to, a guarantee for the accuracy of information delivered through membership service, and a guarantee for the continuation of membership service), and in no event shall the Company be liable for any problem and damage suffered by members or third parties.
â Updating Terms of Service
The Company may update the Terms without the consent of members by sending an email to the email address registered by each member.
â Governing law and agreed court of jurisdiction
(1) The Terms are governed by the laws of Japan.
Members shall comply with laws and regulations in the use of membership service.
- (2) In the event that the need for a lawsuit arises between a member or third party and the Company with regard to membership service or these Terms of Service, the Tokyo District Court shall be the agreed court of jurisdiction in the first instance.
The Terms shall be effective as of August 17, 2021.
Subscribing, updating registered information, and unsubscribing
To subscribe, please read and consent to the above terms of service and apply from the subscription form below. You will be deemed to have consented to the terms of service by applying for subscription. You can also update your registered information, unsubscribe, and re-subscribe from the following website as well.
Please note that it will take a few days to process your application for subscription, changes to your registered information, and request to unsubscribe or re-subscribe.
Also, please note that we will contact you for the purpose of verifying your identity.
* From here, you will be linked to a subscription form operated by YMIRLINK, Inc., which Sony Group Corporation has contracted with to provide the service.