Sony Electronics Reveals IMAX Enhanced Televisions and Projectors
Sony Electronics - 09/06/2018
Premium Sony 4K HDR TVs and 4K HDR Home Cinema Projectors are first display devices launched in the new IMAX® Enhanced program
SAN DIEGO — September 6, 2018 — Sony Electronics Inc. today revealed their line-up of IMAX® Enhanced televisions and projectors. The recently announced IMAX Enhanced program, developed by IMAX and DTS®, is a certification and licensing program that combines the highest-end consumer electronics products with IMAX digitally re-mastered 4K HDR content and DTS audio technologies to offer consumers a new level of immersive sight and sound experiences for the home.
“Sony continues to make innovation and consumer choice a top priority for those seeking the very best viewing experience,” said Mike Fasulo, President and COO of Sony Electronics. “We are proud to join other global consumer electronics and entertainment leaders as a launch partner for the IMAX Enhanced program and to be able to provide a wide variety of televisions and projectors designed to deliver the filmmaker’s intent.”
To qualify and carry the IMAX Enhanced logo, Sony’s TVs and home cinema projectors have met a carefully prescribed set of performance requirements, set by IMAX and DTS engineers and Hollywood’s leading technical specialists, to deliver the highest-quality, sharpest 4K HDR images and powerful, immersive sound at home on Sony’s premium devices. The companies are designing an IMAX Mode for Sony devices that will be meticulously optimized to play IMAX digitally re-mastered content as the filmmaker intended in the home.
IMAX Enhanced Sony OLED and LED 4K HDR Televisions
- MASTER Series A9F OLED and Z9F LED – Sony’s recently announced MASTER Series televisions are powered by the next-generation Picture Processor X1™ Ultimate; Sony’s new MASTER Series provides picture quality approaching that of a professional-grade monitor and was developed in collaboration with Sony Pictures Entertainment to truly display the creators’ intent; Netflix Calibrated Mode, available exclusively on the new Sony MASTER Series A9F OLED and Z9F LCD TVs, ensures cinematic fidelity for the viewing experience on Netflix.
- A8F OLED and A1E OLED – In 2017, Sony introduced the A1E, our first large screen BRAVIA OLED 4K HDR TV, offering customers even more premium options when purchasing a TV. The new A8F series introduced in 2018 builds upon the success of the A1E by incorporating Sony’s unique 4K HDR picture Processor X1™ Extreme and Acoustic Surface™ technology, to provide superior picture quality and awe-inspiring sound.
- X900F – These TVs feature the X1 Extreme processor and provide stunning picture quality and a wider selection for customers who are looking for large screen premium 4K HDR TVs (85” and 75’’ class sizes, in addition to 65”, 55” and 49” class sizes.)
For more information on Sony’s 4K HDR televisions please visit here.
IMAX Enhanced Sony 4K HDR Home Cinema Projectors
- VPL-VW995ES – Announced today at CEDIA Expo, Sony’s newest premium 4K laser light source projector contains a prestigious All Range Crisp Focus (ARC-F) lens, an 18-piece all glass lens that ensures high precision in every corner of the image, yet within a compact and lightweight design. A “Digital Focus Optimizer” provides refined image quality and accurate focus without distortion and the new dual-control contrast capability employs both a physical iris and a modulated laser to constantly maintain the optimum black level detail and highlight detail from scene to scene.
- VPL-VW695ES – Announced today at CEDIA Expo, our new step-up 4K model comes with enhanced features such as Picture Position Memory to allow film buffs quickly fit the image to one’s screen for any possible format including 16:9 and Cinemascope. It also provides high dynamic contrast of 350,000:1 by use of our Advanced Iris.
- VPL-VW295ES – Announced today at CEDIA Expo, the VPL-VW295ES brings the breath-taking 4K HDR experience at Sony’s most affordable price point as well as a new input lag reduction mode for gamers, Motionflow and Vertical Stretch for 4K signals.
IMAX Enhanced Sony Home Theater AV Receivers
IMAX Enhanced is coming to Sony’s award winning line of AV Receivers in spring of 2019. With a firmware update, users will enjoy an immersive, powerful IMAX sound experience delivered by DTS audio technology. Sony ES AV receiver models will include the STR-ZA5000ES, STR-ZA3100ES, STR-ZA2100ES, and STR-ZA1100ES. Details to be announced at a later date. For more information on Sony’s current Home Theater AV Receiver line see here: https://www.sony.com/electronics/audio-home-cinema/t/av-receivers
About Sony Electronics Inc.
Sony Electronics is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America and an affiliate of Sony Corporation (Japan), one of the most comprehensive entertainment companies in the world, with a portfolio that encompasses electronics, music, motion pictures, mobile, gaming and financial services. Headquartered in San Diego, California, Sony Electronics is a leader in electronics for the consumer and professional markets. Operations include research and development, engineering, sales, marketing, distribution and customer service. Sony Electronics creates products that innovate and inspire generations, such as the award-winning Alpha Interchangeable Lens Cameras and revolutionary high-resolution audio products. Sony is also a leading manufacturer of end-to-end solutions from 4K professional broadcast and A/V equipment to industry leading 4K Ultra HD TVs. Visit www.sony.com/news for more information.