Sony Showcases Advanced Display, Home Audio and Projector Products, Hosts Thought-leading Events at CEDIA Expo 2018
Sony Electronics - 09/06/2018
SAN DIEGO, Sept. 6, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Sony Electronics Inc. today announced its exhibition of current and future-focused solutions for custom integrators at CEDIA Expo 2018. As a founding associate member of CEDIA, Sony continues to build on its nearly 30-year history of developing customized, high-performance home technology solutions that enrich people's lives. The Company's exhibit at CEDIA Expo showcases a broad portfolio of audio and video solutions aimed at meeting the evolving entertainment needs of consumers and custom integrators.
"Sony understands that consumers today are increasingly varied in their home entertainment requirements," said Mike Fasulo, president and chief operating officer at Sony Electronics. "By providing a broad array of solutions spanning televisions, home audio, receivers and premium home cinema projectors, combined with field training and technical support, Sony is committed to helping custom integrators meet their customers' needs now and in the future."
Sony's renowned support for custom installers has earned Sony the ProSource Overall Vendor of the Year award four years in a row. Additionally, Sony has been named a CE PRO Brand Leader in the TV, Front Projection, AV Receiver and Blu-ray™ categories, and Sony's XBR-65A8F BRAVIA® OLED 4K HDR TV and VPL-VW885ES Home Cinema Projector are finalists for CEDIA's 2018 Best New Product Award.
At CEDIA 2018, Sony will showcase its solutions aimed at helping custom integrators deliver the best possible home entertainment experience, including:
- Sony's lineup of big screen premium 4K HDR televisions, including the 75-inch and 85-inch class TVs from the XBR-X900F series and the recently announced MASTER Series A9F OLED and Z9F LED 4K HDR televisions powered by the next-generation Picture Processor X1™ Ultimate; Sony's new MASTER Series provides picture quality approaching that of a professional-grade monitor and was developed in collaboration with Sony Pictures Entertainment to truly display the creators' intent; Netflix Calibrated Mode, available exclusively on the new Sony MASTER Series A9F OLED and Z9F LED TVs, faithfully reproduces the visuals that help bring a story to life
- Sony's new ES line of even bigger screen 4K HDR home cinema projectors, for home theater enthusiasts that are seeking displays up to 220 inches and even larger, the VPL-VW995ES projector is one of Sony's most powerful home cinema projectors yet, with a laser source that provides 2,200 lumens for spectacular brightness; VPL-VW695ES has 4K Motionflow™ for natural motion; and the VPL-VW295ES projector includes many of the features of the other two models, such as a native 4K SXRD panel, HDMI 18 Gbps compatibility, 4K Motionflow and HDR capability at a cost-effective price point
- Sony's lineup of premium home audio solutions, including the STR-ZA5000ES 9.2 channel AV receiver and the UBP-X1000ES 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray player for the custom installation market; also on display will be the new HT-ST5000 premium sound bar with 7.1.2 Dolby Atmos® / DTS:X™, as well as the HT-Z9F with matching wireless rear speakers
- Sony's displays certified for use with IMAX® Enhanced content, including the three newly announced projectors, the new A9F OLED and Z9F LED MASTER Series TVs, the A8F and A1E OLEDs, and the X900F lines; this new certification and licensing program combines Sony's premium 4K HDR home cinema projectors with IMAX digitally re-mastered 4K HDR content and DTS® audio technologies to offer consumers a new level of quality in immersive sight and sound experiences for the home
- A preview and demonstration of the Crystal LED display system, which goes beyond conventional display technologies by delivering over a million-to-one contrast, precise color reproduction, a 99 percent black surface area using 0.003 mm² ultrafine LEDs, and a 180-degree viewing angle; the technology is currently used in professional applications including broadcast studios and corporate showrooms around the world; its modular nature enables the Crystal LED display to accommodate any size or aspect ratio, with Sony's CEDIA display measuring 260 inches for immersive viewing experiences at the show
In addition to exhibiting products and technologies, Sony is collaborating with Kaleidescape to bring award-winning director and producer Barry Sonnenfield to CEDIA Expo to speak at two sessions. Sonnenfeld found commercial and artistic success with such films as "Men In Black" I, II & III, "Get Shorty" and "Wild Wild West," and he has produced or executive produced "The Ladykillers," "Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events" and "Enchanted." The first session, which is scheduled for Wednesday, September 5th during a special Projector Symposium for select technical press, focuses on Sonnenfeld's experiences in movie production and 4K projection. The second session, which covers the importance of luxury home cinema, will take place Thursday, Sept. 6 from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. in Room 7A at the San Diego Convention Center.
Sony's portfolio of solutions for custom integrators will be on display at CEDIA Expo 2018, Exhibit #4821, from Sept. 4-8. The Company will also welcome media from North America and host a tour of Sony's conference exhibit on Thursday, Sept. 6 at 8:30 a.m.
About Sony Electronics Inc.
Sony Electronics is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America and an affiliate of Sony Corporation (Japan), one of the most comprehensive entertainment companies in the world, with a portfolio that encompasses electronics, music, motion pictures, mobile, gaming and financial services. Headquartered in San Diego, California, Sony Electronics is an innovative leader in electronics for the consumer and professional market. Operations include research and development, engineering, sales, marketing, distribution and customer service. Sony Electronics creates innovative products that combine Sony's dual commitments to elegant product design and leading technology development, such as the award-winning Alpha Interchangeable Lens Cameras, revolutionary high-resolution audio products, and advanced robotics. Sony is also a leading manufacturer of end-to-end solutions from 4K professional broadcast and A/V equipment to industry leading 4K Ultra HD TVs. Visit www.sony.com/news for more information.
SOURCE Sony Electronics Inc.