Legacy Recordings to release LADY BIRD - Soundtrack from the Motion Picture as Digital Album on January 12, 2018; CD Edition Will be Available February 2, and 2LP 12" Vinyl Edition Comes Out Friday, March 16
Sony Music Entertainment - 01/12/2018
NEW YORK, Jan. 12, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Legacy Recordings, a division of Sony Music Entertainment, will release LADY BIRD - Soundtrack from the Motion Picture as a digital album on Friday, January 12 with a physical CD edition available Friday, February 2 and a 2LP 12" vinyl edition coming March 16, with Barnes & Noble offering a special 2LP 12" colored vinyl version of the album. Pre-order available here: https://lnk.to/LadyBirdSdtk
Lady Bird, written and directed by Greta Gerwig, premiered at the Telluride Film Festival in early September to instant and rapturous acclaim. It was released theatrically in November, and has gone on to be the best-reviewed film ever on Rotten Tomatoes, earning universal praise from audiences and critics.
In Lady Bird, Greta Gerwig reveals herself to be a bold new cinematic voice with her directorial debut, excavating both the humor and pathos in the turbulent bond between a mother and her teenage daughter.
Gerwig disclosed this fall that she'd written personal letters to artists she had in mind for the film—including Dave Matthews and Alanis Morissette—to expressly ask for their blessing to use their songs in Lady Bird. "The soundtrack," wrote Tatiana Tenreyro in Billboard (November 21, 2017), "plays a big role in showing protagonist Lady Bird's turbulent adolescent years. The film is set in 2002, and Gerwig wanted it to feel as authentic as possible with a soundtrack that transports viewers to the era."
The film—starring Saoirse Ronan in the title role and Laurie Metcalf as her mother—won the Golden Globe for Best Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy, while Saoirse Ronan took home the award for Best Actress, Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy. The New York Film Critics Circle named Lady Bird 2017's Best Film and Ronan the year's Best Actress, while the National Board of Review placed Lady Bird in the year's Top 10 Films, named Gerwig Best Director, and named Metcalf Best Supporting Actress.
LADY BIRD - Soundtrack from the Motion Picture
- "Prayer of St. Francis" +
- "Hand in My Pocket" - Alanis Morissette
- "Little of Your Love" - HAIM
- "Panis Angelicus"
- "It's given to me - by me" +
- "Days of Steam" - John Cale
- "As We Go Along" - The Monkees
- "Center of Attention" +
- "Overture (from "Merrily We Roll Along")" - Original Broadway Cast and Orchestra
- "Crash Into Me" - Dave Matthews Band
- "Happy Birthday" - Altered Images
- "City College" +
- "Snoop Dog, Baby" - Reel Big Fish
- "Always See Your Face" - LOVE
- "Waltz of the Flowers" - St. Louis Symphony
- "This Eve of Parting" - John Hartford
- "Wrong Side of the Tracks" +
- "Little Plastic Castles" - Ani Di Franco
- "Tha Crossroads" - Bone Thugs-N-Harmony
- "Rosa Mystica" - The University of Notre Dame Folk Choir
- "Let's Just Sit" +
+ Audio taken from the film Lady Bird
SOURCE Legacy Recordings