“Do Not Sell My Personal Information” Request for California Residents

Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), California residents have the right to opt-out of the “sale” of their Personal Information to a third party. Sony Corporation of America takes your privacy seriously and does not monetize your personal information. However, under CCPA, the sharing of information, for example with entities affiliated with or related to us that are in the Sony group of companies, may be defined as a “sale” under CCPA.  

With certain exceptions, “sell,” “selling,” “sale,” or “sold,” broadly means selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a consumer’s personal information by the business to another business or a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration. 

Note: This is not a request to opt-out of marketing communications. 

To opt-out of the “sale” of your Personal Information collected by Sony Corporation of America via

  • Complete the form below to submit an electronic request; or
  • Call our toll-free phone number 1-800-314-1552.

If you are making this request on behalf of a California resident as an authorized agent, call us at 1-800-314-1552. You’ll be asked to submit appropriate documentation, including:

  • Written signed permission from the California consumer and verification of your identity; or
  • Power of Attorney (pursuant to the California Probate Code).

For further information regarding the privacy practices of and for instructions to update your device settings to block the use of certain cookies, visit our Privacy Policy.   

For requests related to Sony Electronics Inc., click here.

Submit Your Request

If you wish to exercise your right to opt-out of the “sale” of your Personal Information, which is limited to name and email address, that you provided to for newsletter subscriptions, complete the following fields.

All Fields Are Required

By clicking the 'Submit' button, you are declaring you are a California resident and authorized to make this request.