IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Follow this procedure to troubleshoot the foot pedal and related operations.
IMPORTANT: Make sure that the latest software available is installed on your IC Recorder model. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
NOTE: When using the foot pedal control, the shortcut keys of the application being used with the Digital Voice Editor software may not function. Changing the settings for the shortcut keys of the application may resolve this issue.
- Verify the foot control pedal is securely connected to a USB port on the computer.
- Disconnect any other USB devices (except for a mouse and keyboard) from the computer; other USB devices may cause the foot pedal not to be recognized properly.
- If your computer has multiple USB ports, try connecting the USB foot control pedal to another USB port.
- Some computers have different USB controllers for each port. In this case, connecting to a different port may solve the problem.
- Connect the USB cable directly to a USB port on the computer. The USB foot control pedal may not be recognized properly if connected through a USB Hub.
- In the Digital Voice Editor software, on the menu bar, click Tool.
- On the Tool menu, click Options.
- In the Options window, click the Transcribing Key tab.
- On the Transcribing Key tab, verify the following Transcribing Key items are set to the default values:
Transcribing Key Default Value Playback F10 Stop F11 Skip Forward Ctrl+Right Skip Backward Ctrl+Left
- Check the Device Manager of the computer and resolve any USB conflicts.
- Reinstall the USB driver from the supplied CD-ROM.
If the issue is still unresolved after completing all of the troubleshooting steps, service may be required. Go to Product Repair.