How to erase all the settings and reset back to factory specifications.
Depending on how the remote control was programmed, there are two options to erase all of the settings and reset the remote control back to factory specifications.
WARNING: There is a risk of data loss. Performing these operations will reset the remote control to the original factory settings. All programmed information will be lost.
- Using the Remote Control itself
If the AX Remote Editor software was not used to program the remote control, then follow the steps below to reset the remote control:
- On the remote control, press and hold the COMMANDER OFF button.
- While holding the COMMANDER OFF button, press the MUTING button.
- Release both buttons.
- On the LCD screen, touch SET twice.
- Touch OTHER.
- Touch RESET.
- Touch YES.
- Using the AX Remote Editor software
If the AX Remote Editor software was used to program the remote control, you must follow the procedure below to reset the remote control:
IMPORTANT: The remote control can only be reset on the computer used for the original programming procedure. A reset procedure will fail if attempting to reset on a different computer, even if the computer has the AX Remote Editor software installed.
- Connect the remote control to the computer.
- Open the Sony AX Remote Editor program.
- On the menu bar, click Tools.
- In the Tools menu, click Update Firmware for Remote.
- In the AX Remote Editor window, click YES.
- When the download is complete, in the AX Remote Editor window, click OK.
- Disconnect the remote control from the computer.