This error may occur in any of the following circumstances:
- The Memory Stick® media is not inserted properly.
- The Memory Stick media is not supported for use with the camera.
- The Memory Stick media may be faulty.
Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue.
- Remove the Memory Stick media from the camera.
- Turn off the camera.
- Reinsert the Memory Stick media into the camera.
- Turn on the camcorder.
- Attempt to play or record images on the inserted Memory Stick media.
- Check the Memory Stick media compatibility chart to ensure the Memory Stick media is compatible with the camera.
IMPORTANT: Model-specific information about the type of Memory Stick media supported is also available in the operating instructions supplied with the camera. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
If the message still appears, the Memory Stick media may not be supported for use with the camera or it may be faulty. If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.
NOTE: See our newsletter about possible counterfeit Memory Stick media.