If media files, CD or DVD discs do not autoplay when inserted, the drive may not be properly configured for AutoPlay. Follow this procedure to configure the AutoPlay feature.
IMPORTANT: A utility called Autofix.exe is available from Microsoft® website to help with this issue.
- On VAIO® desktop computers with two CD/DVD drives, the Recovery discs should be inserted into the primary drive. The primary drive is usually the top drive.
- Some media discs do not autoplay.
- Make sure the disc is correctly inserted (for desktop computers) or snapped on the spindle (for notebook computers).
- Some third-party media playback software can conflict with the autoplay feature. Uninstall any third-party media playback software that you have installed since the last time the autoplay feature was functioning properly.
- If your computer includes the Giga Pocket® software, make sure that application is closed before attempting to play a DVD. The Giga Pocket software must be closed to allow DVD playback. To determine if your computer includes the Giga Pocket software, refer to the Users Guide or operating instructions supplied with the product. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- On the computer desktop, click the Start button, then click My Computer.
- In the My Computer window, click to select the removable drive.
- On the menu bar, click File.
- On the File menu, click Properties.
- In the removable media properties window, click the AutoPlay tab.
- On the AutoPlay tab, click the Select a content type drop down menu and select a media type.
- In the Actions box, click to select the Select an action to perform radio button.
NOTE: To be prompted for which action to be performed each time media of this type is inserted, click to select the Prompt me each time to choose an action radio button.
- In the Select an action to perform box, click to select the desired action for that media type.
- Click the OK button.
- Restart the computer for the changes to take effect.