The VAIO Care application is a system health, maintenance and troubleshooting utility. It can be used to troubleshoot hardware-and software-related issues.
IMPORTANT: Make sure the most recent version of VAIO Care is installed.
Follow the procedure below to use the application:
- Make sure the computer is powered on and press the Assist button.
NOTE: If your computer does not have an Assist button on the top of the keyboard, click Start, then click All Programs.
- In the All Programs menu, click VAIO Care.
- If prompted for an administrator password or a User Account Control prompt is displayed, type the appropriate password or click Continue.
- If an End User License Agreement For VAIO Care Software window appears, read the agreement and then click Yes.
- In the Welcome to VAIO Care window, click the Troubleshooting icon.
- In the Troubleshooting window, three options are available:
- Analyze all: This options runs both hardware and software tests for general issues. These tests include antivirus updates, firewall, security, Windows updates, VAIO updates, and hardware.
- Hardware: This tool runs diagnostics tests on individual hardware components, including CPU, hard drive, CD drive, Memory Stick® media, PC card, System memory, video, DVD drive, USB, and LAN components.
- Software: This option tests and reports software issues.