When the MEMORY FULL error displays on the IC recorder, then there is insufficient space left in the memory for recording. It will be necessary to erase some of the previous messages before you will be able to continue recording.
WARNING: There is a risk of data loss. Erasing messages will permanently delete the message from the recorder. Any messages you wish to save will need to be backed up to a computer or other external devices.
However, if the unit continues to display MEMORY FULL even after deleting messages from the unit, you will need to perform a format on the device memory by doing the following steps:
IMPORTANT: If model-specific information is required to complete any of the steps in this solution, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the product. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Press and hold the MENU button for more than one second to enter the menu mode.
- Press the CONTROL KEY toward the up or down arrow to select DETAIL MENU, then press ENT.
- Press the CONTROL KEY toward the up or down arrow to select FORMAT, then press ENT.
- Press the CONTROL KEY toward the up or down arrow to select EXECUTE, then press ENT.
- Press the STOP button to exit the menu mode.
- If you do not press any button for one minute, the menu mode is automatically cancelled and the window will return to the normal display.
- To return to the previous window, press the MENU button during menu mode.
- When the memory is formatted, all of the data stored in the IC recorder will be erased. Once the memory has been erased, you cannot retrieve the data that was erased.