IMPORTANT: This procedure must be performed while logged in as Administrator or to an account with Administrator rights.
- Start the computer in Safe Mode.
- Click the Start button and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, click Appearance and Personalization.
- In the Appearance and Personalization window, click Personalization.
- In the Personalization window, click Display Settings.
- In the Display Settings window, click the Advanced Settings button.
- On the Monitor and Graphics Adapter Properties window, click the Monitor tab.
- On the Monitor tab, click the Properties button.
NOTE: If prompted for an administrator password or a User Account Control prompt is displayed, type the appropriate password or click Continue.
- In the Monitor Properties window, click the Driver tab.
- On the Driver tab, click the Update Driver button.
- In the Update Driver Software window, click Search automatically for updated driver software.
- If a driver disc was supplied with the monitor, follow the manufacturers instructions to install the driver software.
- Updated display drivers may also be available for download from the monitor manufacturer's Web site.
- In the Update Driver Software window, click the Close button.
- Close all open windows and then restart the computer .