IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
NOTE: Not all computers have a built-in camera. To determine if your computer has a built-in camera, check the computer specifications. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
If the camera does not work properly or you are unable to make it function, you may not be using the correct software. The following information guides you through using appropriate software.
- For the camera to function, the Sony® Visual Communication driver must be installed. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
- If your computer shipped with the Windows Vista® operating system, Arcsoft® software is available to operate the built-in camera.
Follow the procedure below to open the camera software built into the Windows® XP operating system.
NOTE: For information about using this application, consult the operating system help files.
- Click the Start button and then click My Computer.
- In the My Computer window, under Scanners and Cameras, click Sony Visual Communication Camera.
On most VAIO® computers, an application called VAIO Camera Capture Utility also is available which can be used to operate the built-in camera.
- To determine if your computer has the VAIO Camera Capture Utility, consult the computer specifications or manual. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- If you are having an issue using the camera with third-party software, verify the camera works properly with one of the applications above and then contact the software manufacturer for assistance.