IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
The diagnose and repair tool can be used to diagnose problems with a WLAN or Wi-Fi® connection.
- Click the Start button, click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, click Network and Internet.
- In the Network and Internet window, click Network and Sharing Center.
- In the Network and Sharing Center window, under Change your networking settings, click Troubleshoot problems.
- In the Troubleshoot problems - Network and Internet window, under Network, click Network Adapter.
- In the Network Adapter window, click the Next button.
- In the Select the network adapter to diagnose window, click to select Wireless Network Connection and then click the Next button.
NOTE: If the image above does not appear on your VAIO® computer, the driver for the wireless LAN adapter may not be working. You can download the driver for the wireless LAN of your VAIO computer online. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
- If the troubleshooter identifies a problem, follow the on-screen instructions to resolve it.
NOTE: In the example image below, the troubleshooter identified that the physical wireless switch was turned off.
- In the Network Adapter window, click the Close button.