- Close all open applications.
- Click the Start button and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, under System and Security, click Back up your computer.
- In the Backup and Restore window, in the Backup section, click Change settings.
- In the Select where you want to save your backup window, in the Save backup on: section, click to select the desired location to which you would like to save the backup files and then click the Next button.
- In the What do you want to back up? window, click to select the desired backup method and then click the Next button.
NOTE: If you selected Let me choose, a What do you want to back up? window is displayed that allows you to choose the files you would like to back up. Navigate to and select the desired files and then click the Next button.
- In the Review your backup settings window, click Change schedule.
- In the How often do you want to back up? window, configure the desired schedule and then click the OK button.
- In the Review your backup settings window, verify the backup settings are correct and then click the Save settings and exit button.
NOTE: If you would like to create a backup at this point, in the Back up or restore your files window, click the Back up now button.