- Click the Start button and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, click Hardware and Sound.
- In the Hardware and Sound window, under Devices and Printers, click Add a Bluetooth device.
- Set the external Bluetooth device to discovery mode, per the manufacturer's instructions.
- In the Add a device window, click to select your Bluetooth device and then click the Next button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Some Bluetooth devices require a code to be entered on the device, others require a code to be entered on the computer. Some devices, such as a mouse, do not require a pairing code at all. Consult the manufacturer's instructions for the device for pairing specifications.
- If the operating system does not recognize the device's pairing specfications you will be presented with the following choices: