The Recovery Discs can be used to restore the entire (C:) drive, restore the Recovery Drive partition, change the size and number of the hard disk partitions, perform diagnostics on the computer hardware, and rescue important data that may still be saved from the hard drive if a system recovery needs to be performed. Follow this procedure to perform a system recovery using Recovery Discs.
- This model is not supplied with Recovery Discs. Recovery Discs must be created on the computer .
- Due to contractual agreements, we are no longer able to sell the original Recovery Media discs for computers that ship with any operating system released prior to the Windows® 7 operating system. If you have not created a set of Recovery Media, or if the Recovery Media has been lost or misplaced, please contact Best Buy for VAIO PC repair and recovery options at 1-800-433-5778.
- Before performing a recovery, check for software and driver updates or check for knowledge base solutions that may help you solve your issue. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
- Do not interrupt the power during the recovery process. Notebook computers must be connected to the AC adapter.
- If the computer uses an external CD/DVD drive, plug in the drive according to the instructions in the VAIO® User Guide. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- If an external drive is necessary, Sony recommends the optional USB or i.LINK® CD/DVD drives specifically designed as an accessory for your model and available for purchase from the Sony® Store.
Please contact a local or online authorized retailer to purchase a Sony product.
For customers in the United States: https://www.sony.com/retailers
- Turn on the computer.
- Insert Recovery Disc #1 into the optical drive.
- Turn off the computer.
- Turn on the computer.
- In the Windows Boot Manager window, use the arrow keys to select Start VAIO Recovery Center.
- Press the Enter key.
- In the VAIO Recovery Center window, under Choose a program, click to select the desired option:
- VAIO Hardware Diagnostics
NOTE: Computer problems related to hardware can be diagnosed using this option.
- Restore Complete System
NOTE: This option is used to delete all hard drive partitions and recovery the system to its original factory software configuration. Modifying the size of the hard drive partitions is an option with this type of recovery.
- Rescue Data
NOTE: This option can be used to detect and save data to an external hard drive or removable media prior to a system recovery.
- Wipe and Erase Data
NOTE: Use this option to remove all data from the hard drive, including the operating system, all programs and personal data. This option is provided for the convenience of advanced users who want to install a different operating system, and who want to ensure all data has been removed from the hard drive first. All other users are strongly urged to avoid selecting this option.