IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Follow these steps to set up and use the Arcsoft® WebCam Companion™ software with the Motion Eye® camera.
- Before beginning this procedure, to ensure that the Sony® Visual Communication Camera driver is up to date and properly installed, download and install the latest Sony Visual Communication Camera Driver update. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
- Some VAIO® computers that have the built-in Motion Eye camera also shipped with the Arcsoft WebCam Companion software pre-installed. If the Arcsoft WebCam Companion software is already installed on your computer, start this procedure at step 3.
- To determine if your computer shipped with the Arcsoft WebCam Companion software, check the computer Marketing Specifications. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- This procedure includes images and is written with the assumption that the Arcsoft WebCam Companion 3 software is being used. If you are using an older version of the Arcsoft WebCam Companion software the steps and images may be slightly different.
- Download and install the Arcsoft WebCam Companion software from the Arcsoft Web site.
- Once the Arcsoft WebCam Companion software installation procedure is complete, restart the computer.
- Click the Start button, click All Programs, click Arcsoft WebCam Companion, and then click WebCam Companion.
- In the Arcsoft WebCam Companion window, click the Capture icon.
- In the Arcsoft WebCam Companion - Capture window, the camera image will appear and allow the capture of still or full motion video clips.
NOTE: If you need further assistance with the software, from within a Arcsoft WebCam Companion window, on the menu bar, click Extras and then click Application Help.