IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
NVIDIA has allowed Sony® Electronics to advise owners of selected VAIO® computer models to install the latest NVIDIA® video card driver to help improve performance in games and other graphically intense applications.
IMPORTANT: Sony is providing the following information as a service to our customers, but cannot provide any technical support for the software or drivers installed from NVIDIA or any third-party website. If there are any issues encountered after installing the driver software from NVIDIA, we recommend that the original video card driver be reinstalled. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
Follow this procedure to obtain and install the latest NVIDIA video card driver:
- Open an Internet browser and visit the NVIDIA website at http://www.nvidia.com.
- On the NVIDIA Worldwide page, click to select the appropriate country.
- On the NVIDIA home page (for the selected country), click Download Drivers.
- On the NVIDIA Driver Downloads page, enter a value for the Product Type, Product Series, Product, Operating System and Language, and then click the SEARCH button.
- On the Download Driver page, click the DOWNLOAD button.
- On the Download page, click the AGREE & DOWNLOAD button.
- At the File Download - Security Warning prompt, click the Run button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the file installation process.