IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
IMPORTANT: Additional troubleshooting steps are available if you are unable to view a 3D movie when using a Sony® 3D TV .
If you are unable to play a 3D Blu-ray Disc movie, check any of the following:
- Make sure that the Blu-ray Disc® player being used supports 3D playback. Some Blu-ray Disc players require the latest system software (firmware) update to activate the 3D feature.
Downloads are posted on your model support page.
NOTE: Software updates are also available from the Network menu of the device.
- Make sure that the TV being used supports the active-shutter high definition 3D technology used by the Blu-ray Disc player.
- Some 3D TV manufacturers use a passive 3D technology that requires theater type glasses with polarized lenses to view 3D movies.
- Older model of 3D TVs that support the checkerboard format requires an additional adapter in order to be used with a Sony Blu-ray Disc player. For more information regarding the 3D checkerboard format or if the TV requires the adapter, contact the TV manufacturer.
- Connect the Blu-ray Disc player to the TV using a high-speed HDMI® cable.
- Look carefully at the packing material or case that came with the movie to make sure that it is one of the supported 3D Blu-ray Disc movies .
- From the menu of the TV, make sure that the proper 3D format is selected. Not selecting the proper format may cause the TV to display a split or double image.