IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
IMPORTANT: This solution is designed to assist with the setup of a Sony 3D projector when using a 3D source device. Although a Sony 3D projector will work with 3D devices made by other manufacturers, we recommend referring to the operating instructions of the 3D source device for any model-specific questions.
Follow these steps to set up the projector for 3D viewing:
- Turn off the projector.
- Connect the 3D Sync Transmitter to the 3D Sync input on the back of projector.
- Not all 3D Projectors have the ability to connect a 3D Sync Transmitter. Refer to the instructions manual to check if a 3D Sync Transmitter can be connected to your projector. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- If your projector does not have the ability to connect a 3D Sync Transmitter, skip steps 2 and 3.
- Set the 3D Sync Transmitter in a place where it is free from obstruction.
- Connect the 3D source device to the projector using a High-Speed HDMI® cable.
NOTE: For more information regarding the HDMI cable required for 3D viewing visit http://www.hdmi.org.
- If using a 3D capable Blu-ray Disc® player or PlayStation® 3 (PS3) console, insert a 3D movie or game title. If you have subscribed to 3D programming through your cable or satellite provider, tune the receiver or set-top box to the station with 3D programming.
NOTE: Confirm that your player does not need a software update to be capable of playing 3D Blu-ray Disc discs. You can determine if your Blu-ray Disc player needs a software update by accessing the customer support website for your particular model.
- Using the supplied remote, turn on the projector and press the INPUT button to select the appropriate HDMI input.
- Normally your 3D projector should automatically detect a 3D signal and display the image in 3D mode. If this does not happen, select 3D and the proper 3D format (Side-by-Side or Over-Under) from the menu.
- At this point the image on the screen may appear blurry or out of focus. Put on the 3D glasses and synchronize them with the transmitter.
NOTE: For model-specific steps regarding any of the information provided in this solution, refer to the supplied operations manual. Manuals are posted on your model support page.