IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
To control the playback functions of the camera when connected to a TV equipped with the SYNC MENU function using the TV remote control, follow the steps below.
- An HDMI® cable (sold separately) is needed to make this function work.
- Not all functions can be operated when the camera is connected to a TV using the HDMI connection. To see what playback functions that can be operated on your camera using the TV remote control, check the specifications or supplied operations guide. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Connect the camera to the TV using the HDMI cable.
- Turn the TV on.
- Set the TV to the proper input.
- To turn on the camera, press the Playback button.
- Press the MENU button.
- Select Settings.
- Select Main Settings.
- Select CTRL FOR HDMI.
- Select On.
NOTE: If the camera functions in an undesired manner while using the TV remote control, switch the CTRL FOR HDMI function to Off.
- Press the SYNC MENU button of the TV remote control to select your desired mode.