To start a party, which allows other units that support the party streaming function to play the same music while in different rooms, follow these steps:
- Turn the power on for all the party devices.
- Make sure that each unit is connected to the network and that each unit is in a status which allows them to join a party.
- Start playback using one of the following:
- The AUDIO IN terminal.
- The audio content stored on the network server for this system.
NOTE: If using the SA-NS310, SA-NS410 or the SA-NS500 model Network speaker, the Airplay® feature is not supported when using Party mode.
- Press and hold the PARTY button until the PARTY STREAMING indicator lights up in green. The party begins.
NOTE: You cannot start a party if you are currently participating in another party.
To close a party: Press and hold the PARTY button for a few seconds until the PARTY STREAMING indicator goes off.
To join a party: When another unit (or party host) is having a party, press the PARTY button.
- The unit joins the party as a party guest.
- The PARTY STREAMING indicator lights up in amber.
To leave a party: Press the PARTY button and the PARTY STREAMING indicator goes off.
- If the PARTY STREAMING indicator lights up in red, an error has occurred. Perform the steps for starting a party again.
- When the PARTY STREAMING indicator flashes alternately red and green, the number of party guests has exceeded the maximum allowed. To resolve, remove one of the party guests devices.
- If the PARTY button is pressed on another unit that also has the party streaming function while this unit is playing a track, the unit will start a party as a party host and the other unit will join the party as a party guest.
- The left-facing (go back to the previous audio content item) or right-facing (skip to the next audio content item) double arrow Operation buttons may not work depending on the server or audio content being played.