This article is only applicable to the following models of Internet TV Blu-ray Disc® player:
NOTE: Click the appropriate link below if the error message appears when playing a DVD or Blu-ray Disc media.
- The DVD player cannot read or play the inserted disc.
- An error code or message appears when trying to play a DVD or Blu-ray Disc media.
This error can occur in the following situations:
- The disc is not compatible with the player.
- The playable surface of the disc is dirty with fingerprints or other smudges.
- The disc is defective due to a small crack or encoding issue.
Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue.
NOTE: Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, try playing the disc after completing each step.
- Make sure you are trying to play one of these compatible disc formats.
- BD-R and BD-RE discs cannot be played.
- A CD or DVD will not play if it has not been correctly finalized.
- A DVD-R and DVD-RW disc recorded in the Video Recording (VR) format cannot be played.
- Examine the disc for cracks for scratches.
IMPORTANT: A disc that is cracked or scratched may be faulty and should be discarded.
- Clean the disc using a soft, dry cloth.
- Make sure the most current software or firmware update is installed.
IMPORTANT: To check or update the firmware or software, go to Settings and select the About option.
- On the keypad remote control, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to perform a soft reset.
- Perform a power reset.
- Turn off the Internet TV Blu-ray Disc player.
- Unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet for 30 seconds.
- After 30 seconds, plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet.
- Turn on the Internet TV Blu-ray Disc player.
The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, try playing a different, commercially-produced disc. If the newly-inserted disc also does not play, service may be required. Go to Product Repair.