Follow these steps to perform a factory data reset procedure.
IMPORTANT: Because a factory data reset procedure will erase all user data from the internal storage, including all added Google and other email accounts, system and application settings, and all downloaded applications or books, it is recommended that you backup all user data to a computer or to microSD card media before beginning.
- On the desktop, tap the Home icon.
- In the upper-right corner of the desktop home screen, tap the Apps icon.
- In the Apps screen, tap the Settings icon.
- In the Settings screen, tap to select Privacy.
- In the Privacy screen, tap to select Factory data reset.
- In the Factory data reset screen, read the text on the page.
NOTE: If you wish to also remove all music, pictures and any other user data present, tap to place a check in the box next to Erase USB storage.
- After reading the text, tap to select Reset tablet.
- In the Confirm reset screen, if you are sure you want to continue with the reset procedure, tap Erase everything.
- The tablet will restart as the reset procedure is completed.