IMPORTANT: This is a model-specific solution, verify if your model is compatible with the PlayMemories Home™ software before doing the steps below. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
NOTE: Each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check the status of the movie playback using the PlayMemories Home software after completing each step.
- Confirm that the videos being played are supported by the PlayMemories Home software. The video format are as follows:
- Videos taken or recorded by a camera (AVCHD, MPEG-2, MP4, etc.)
- Motion JPEG
- Confirm that the computer meets or exceeds the recommended Windows® computer environment for before installing or using the PlayMemories Home software.
- Change the video playback by setting the Hardware Acceleration of your computer operating system .
NOTE: If Use detected acceleration is marked, the Detect Automatically button has to be pressed. Detect Automatically is a function to automatically adapt PlayMemories Home software to the computer's system.
- Update the display driver of your computer to the latest version. For more information, contact the manufacturer of the display driver of your computer.
- Update your PlayMemories Home software.
- Uninstall any freeware applications.
IMPORTANT: Some freeware applications have codec's and codec packs that may cause various issues or errors with the PlayMemories Home software.
- Set the power setting of the computer to high or optimum performance. This allows the computer to make use of its maximum processing power and capability. If you're using a laptop running on battery power, connect the power cable and change the power settings.
- Install the latest firmware update available for the camera or camcorder.
Downloads are posted on your model support page.
NOTE: Do a test recording, import the video files and play it back again using PlayMemories Home. If issue still persists, lower the movie recording resolution and try again.
- To further isolate the issue, try a different computer or use another media playback application that is compatible with the movie file format.