Follow these steps to download and install the Google Drive program on a computer with a Windows® operating system.
IMPORTANT: Some of the steps listed may be different than illustrated based on whether you are currently logged into a Google account, whether or not you have used the Google Docs application and other possible account related variations.
- On the computer, open your browser software and visit the http://drive.google.com website.
- On the Google Drive website, click the Sign In button.
- At the Sign In page, enter the Email and Password associated with the same Google account that you are using with the Google Drive app on the Tablet.
IMPORTANT: You will need to log into the same Google account on the computer that you are using with the Google Drive app on the Tablet in order to access and share those Google Drive files.
- On the Google Drive page, click the Go to Google Drive button.
- At the Welcome to Google Drive prompt, click the Try Google Drive button.
- On the Drive page, click the Download Google Drive for your PC button.
- At the Google Drive for Windows prompt, click the Download Google Drive button.
- At the Download Google Drive for Windows prompt, click the Accept and Install button.
- At the File Download prompt, click the Run button.
- At the Sign in to Google Drive prompt, enter your Google Account password and then click the Sign In button.
- At the Welcome to Google Drive prompt, click the Next button.
- At the Google Drive on the Web prompt, click the Start Sync button.
At this point the Google Drive program will automatically open and synchronize all available files. Once synchronized you can access all the files in the Google Drive from either your computer, using the just installed Google Drive program, or from the tablet using the Google Drive app.
NOTE: There will now be a Google Drive folder available from the Start Menu and a Google Drive shortcut on both the Desktop and in the Notification tray.