A Microsoft® account is an online account that will allow you to download apps from the Windows® Store and automatically sync settings between different computers to obtain the same look and feel on each, including settings like browser favorites and history.
Follow these steps to create and use a Microsoft account.
- Point to (but do not click) the lower-right corner of the screen and click to select the Settings charm.
NOTE: The Windows Logo + I key combination will also take you to the Settings screen.
- In the Settings screen, in the lower-right corner, click Change PC settings.
- In the PC Settings screen, click the Users tab.
- On the Users tab, click Add a user.
- In the Add a user screen, click Sign up for a new email address.
NOTE: If you already have an email address associated with a Microsoft account, in the Add a user screen, enter that email address, click the Next button and then skip to step 9.
- In the Sign up for a new email address screen, enter the required information and then click the Next button.
- In the Add security info screen, enter the required information and then click the Next button.
- In the Finish up screen, enter the required information and then click the Next button.
- In the Add a user screen, click the Finish button.
- Restart the computer to allow the operating system to log in using the Microsoft Account.