The Finance application in the Windows user interface (UI) allows you to quickly view the Stock Market (DOW, S&P 500, NASDAQ, and Russell 2000 indices) using the Finance Live Tile. It also allows you to read the current day events and view colorful charts for a quick Market overview. Follow these steps to setup and begin using the Finance application.
- Point to (but do not click) the lower-right corner of the screen and click to select the Search charm.
NOTE: The Win + F key combination will also take you to the Search screen.
- In the Search screen, click the Apps category, and then click the Finance icon.
- The Finance application will launch, and on the first page, display the current situation with the DOW, S&P 500, NASDAQ, and Russell 2000 indices.
NOTE: If you wish to view the Finance Live Tile in the Windows UI, right-click an empty space on of any of the Finance application screens, and then left-click Pin Watchlist.
- Scrolling to the right provides categories to view, such as INDICES, NEWS, WATCHLIST, MARKET MOVERS, ACROSS THE MARKET, RATES and FUND PICKS.
- Selecting a specific company under any of the Finance Features (WATCHLIST for example) allows you to view the current finance situation and detailed information of that company, such as Key Statistics and the Company Profile.