IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
The Charm is a universal toolbar for a computer with Microsoft® Windows® 8 or 8.1 operating system, which appears on an opaque overlay on the right side of your computer screen.
How Do I Access It?
There are three ways to access the charm on your computer:
- On your keyboard, press and hold down the Windows key + C key.
- Using touchscreen, swipe from the top right of the screen towards the center.
- Check your manual to see if your computer has a touchscreen feature. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Using your mouse, point but don't click the lower-right or top-right corner of the screen, then towards the center.
Key Elements for Windows Charm
There are five key elements for Windows charm:
The notification panel on the bottom left corner of the screen displays the following information:
- current time, day, and date
- internet connection status
- battery power status