The version of the Internet Explorer® app that opens from the Windows® User Interface is slightly different from the one that opens from the Desktop. Follow these steps to open a new tab within the Windows User Interface of the Internet Explorer app.
- Point to (but do not click) the lower-right or top-right corner of the screen, and select the Search charm.
NOTE: The Windows Logo + Q key combination will also take you to the Search screen.
- In the Search screen, click the Apps category, and then click the Internet Explorer icon.
- In the Internet Explorer screen, right-click an empty section of the screen, and in the upper-right corner of the screen, click the + (Plus) icon.
NOTE: A new Tab will appear, quickly followed by an address bar prompt.
- At the prompt, enter the new address that you would like to visit, and then click the Arrow (Go) button or press the Enter key.
NOTE: In this example we use Yahoo.com. Notice that as you type the address, suggested URLs will be automatically presented based on what you type.
- In the Internet Explorer screen, the specified website will be displayed.
- To view all open tabs, right-click an empty section of the screen.