IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
What is AF Micro Adjustment?
The AF Micro Adjustment (AF Micro Adj.) function allows you to adjust and register an auto-focused position of an A-mount lens attached with the LA-EA2 or LA-EA4 mount adaptors.
Follow the steps below to use the AF Micro Adj. function:
- Attach the mount adapter to the camera.
- Attach the lens to the mount adapter.
- Choose a subject with good contrast as a focus point of reference.Note:
You can use a lens alignment tool to make sure that your devices always provide precise focus. A number of websites provides instructions on how to make your own lens alignment tool. However, if you prefer, there are commercially available lens alignment tools which includes:
- LensAlign® focus calibration system - michaeltapesdesign.com/lensalign.html
- Datacolor® SpyderLensCal® Focus Calibration Tool - the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/Datacolor-SpyderLensCal-Review.aspx
- Press MENU.
- Select Setup.
- Select AF Micro Adj.
- Select AF Adjustment Setting.
- Select On.
- Select Amount.
- Turn the control wheel to adjust the value.
- Press the center button of the control wheel when finished.
- The larger the value, the farther the focusing position from the camera; the smaller the value, the nearer the focusing position to the camera.
- AF fine adjustment can't be performed when using Sony and Konica Minolta lenses that have the same specifications.
If you are can't use the AF Micro Adj., the camera body and lens can be sent for repair. Go to Product Repair.