Follow these steps to set up and use the built-in camera with the Windows Live™ Messenger service.
- Download and install the Windows Live Messenger software from the Windows Live Essentials website at http://download.live.com/messenger.
- Once the Windows Live Messenger software installation procedure is complete, restart the computer .
- Point to (but do not click) the lower-right or top-right corner of the screen, and then click to select the Search charm.
NOTE: The Windows Logo + Q key combination will also take you to the Search screen.
- In the Search screen, click the Apps category, and then click the Windows Live Messenger icon.
- Sign into the Windows Live Messenger service.
- If you have an active Windows Live Messenger account, sign in using the appropriate Windows Live ID and Password, and then click the Sign In button.
- If you do not have an active Windows Live account, either click the Sign up link or follow the instructions at https://accountservices.passport.net/ppnetworkhome.srf?vv=700&lc=1033 to register for a Windows Live ID.
- In the Windows Live Messenger window, press the Alt key to display the menu bar.
- On the menu bar, click Tools, and on the Tools menu, click Setup audio and video devices.
- In the Set Up Audio and Video - Speaker/Microphone or Speakerphone window, verify that the correct Speaker/Microphone or Speakerphone and Microphone are selected, and then click the Next button.
- In the Set Up Audio and Video - Webcam window, verify that the Sony Visual Communication Camera is selected.
- Click the Finish button.
- In the Windows Live Messenger window, double-click a user to begin a chat session.
- In the Chat window, click Video to begin a video chat.
- The user you have selected will receive a notification and prompted to accept the Video Chat invitation.
- Once the selected user accepts the invitation, the Video Chat session will begin.
IMPORTANT: Contact Microsoft for assistance with any other issues with the Windows Live Messenger service.