Before You Start
- The computer must have standard Audio Video (A/V) input jacks and compatible video capture software.
- If the computer doesn't have A/V jacks, you can use a commercially available video capture device or cable.
Note: We can't guarantee the operation of third-party video capture devices. Check the supplied manual for model-specific information.
Transfer the Video to the Computer
- Connect the A/V cable to the A/V jack of the camcorder.
Note: The correct A/V cable depends on the type of jack on the camcorder:
Use a standard A/V cable for standard A/V jacks.
Use a mini A/V cable for mini A/V jacks.
- Connect the other end of the A/V cable to the A/V jack of the computer or the video capture device.
- Turn on the camcorder to the VCR, VTR or PLAYBACK mode.
- The playback mode of your camera may vary.
- Check the manual for model-specific information. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Set the camcorder to the beginning of the footage that you want to transfer.
- Turn on the computer.
- Start the video capture software.
- On the camcorder, press PLAY.
- On the computer, import the footage using the video capture software.