Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue.
IMPORTANT: If additional model-specific instructions are needed to perform any of the steps below, refer to the operating instructions of the camcorder. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Ensure a fully-charged battery is inserted or connect the AC power adapter.
- Turn the camera on to the VTR or PLAYBACK mode.
- Insert a cassette tape with recorded video into the camcorder.
- Ensure the cassette tape is rewound to the beginning of the video recording.
- Begin playing the cassette tape.
- If your camcorder has an LCD screen, try adjusting the brightness or contrast.
- If there is still no picture on the LCD or viewfinder, reset the camcorder to factory specifications .
NOTE: If the issue is still unresolved after completing the troubleshooting steps, service may be required. Go to Product Repair.