Follow these steps to troubleshoot why the hard drive is making a squeaking, clicking, grinding, or grating noise.
- If a S.M.A.R.T. (SMART) drive failure message occurs, replacement of the hard drive will be required.
- If the sound is coming from the computer speakers when using the operating system, the computer microphone may be picking up feedback from the hard drive.
- Use the VAIO Care™ hardware diagnostics to test the hard drive.
- The VAIO Care utility may not be available on all computers. To see if your computer has VAIO Care utility, check the computer specifications and Users Guide that came with the computer. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Remove all media from the CD/DVD/BD drive.
- Disconnect all external devices.
- If possible, mute all audio devices.
- Reboot and listen for hard drive noise.
NOTE: A Solid State Drive (SSD) will never make any noise.
- If the noise continues to occur, back up all critical data.
- Check the hard drive for errors.
NOTE: For operating system specific information about checking the hard drive for errors, search the Help and Support files in the operating system using the search phrase: error checking
If you have completed all of the steps and the noise continues, replacement of the hard drive may be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.
NOTE: If data or files have been deleted from a hard disk drive, or if the drive has been formatted, damaged or corrupted, and the data and files cannot be recovered using the bundled software, it may be possible to recover the lost information by using a professional data recovery service company.