Follow the steps below to troubleshoot the Infrared (IR) remote control.
NOTE: Some installation locations can cause interference with the IR signal from the remote control. Glass enclosures and flourescent or halogen lighting may reduce or block the IR signal to the component.
- Ensure the AV or VHF/UHF coax cable hookup between the DSS receiver and TV is correct.
- Remove the batteries from the remote control.
- Press and release each button on the remote control two times.
- Install new alkaline batteries.
- Do not use rechargeable batteries.
- Ensure the batteries are properly inserted by matching the polarity indicated on the batteries with the PLUS (+) and MINUS (-) symbols in the battery compartment.
- Replace the battery cover .
- Ensure there are no obstructions between the DSS receiver and the remote control .
- Ensure that none of the buttons appear to be jammed.
- On the DSS receiver , turn on the power.
- Press the appropriate button to perform the desired function.
NOTE: If the DSS receiver fails to respond, perform a cold boot procedure.
- Turn off the power.
- On the remote control , press the DSS FUNCTION button.
- Press the Power button.
- Press the appropriate button to select a DSS receiver function.
- If the DSS receiver does not turn on or correctly operate other functions, the remote control will require replacement.
- It may be necessary to program the remote control to operate certain components. Refer to the operation manual of the product that came with the remote control.
- Remote controls may not be compatible with other manufacturer's equipment or perform a specific function.