Follow these steps to set or change the time and date.
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
NOTE: If the computer is connected to a Local Area Network (LAN) network, the date and time may be synchronized with a network server. If this is the case, contact the technology department for information on setting the computer to the correct time and date.
- On the Taskbar, click the time.
- In the Day/Date/Time window, click Change date and time settings.
- In the Date and Time window, click the Change date and time button.
NOTE: If a User Account Control prompt is displayed, click Continue.
- In the Date and Time Settings window, in the Date box, next to the currently selected month and year, click the left arrow or right arrow to until the desired month and year is displayed.
- On the calendar, click to select the correct day of the month.
- In the Time box, double-click the hours, then click the up arrow or down arrow to select the correct hour.
- Double-click the minutes, then use the up arrow and down arrow to select the correct minute.
- Double-click the AM or PM, then click the up arrow or down arrow to select the appropriate time of day.
- In the Date and Time Settings window, once all the desired date and time changes have been made, click the OK button.
- In the Date and Time window, click the Change time zone button.
- In the Time Zone Settings window, under Time zone, click down arrow, click to select the correct time zone, and then click the OK button.
- In the Date and Time window, click the OK button.