IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
IMPORTANT: Ensure the computer is configured to show all hidden files .
- Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, under Pick a category, double-click the Network and Internet Connections icon.
- In the Network and Internet Connections window, under or pick a Control Panel icon, double-click the Network Connections icon.
- In the Network Connections window, under LAN or High Speed Internet, click to select the Local Area Connection icon.
- On the menu bar, click File.
- On the File menu, click Properties.
- In the Local Area Connections Properties window, on the General tab, click the Install button.
- In the Select Network Component Type window, in the Click the type of network box, click to select the Service icon.
- Click the Add button.
- In the Select Network Service window, click the Have Disk button.
- In the Install From Disk window, click the Browse button.
- In the Locate File window, browse to the C:\Windows\Inf folder.
- Click to select NETWZC.INF.
- Click the Open button.
- In the Install From Disk window, click the OK button.
- In the Select Network Service window, under Network Service, click Wireless Zero Configuration.
NOTE: If the Select Network Service window is divided into two sections, it may be necessary to click to select Microsoft under Manufacturer to see this option.
- Click the OK button.
NOTE: The Wireless Zero Configuration service will be installed.