NOTE: Replacement lamps for the projection television may be available from Sony® Parts and Accessories Sales. Go to Parts and Accessories.
- Turn off the television.
IMPORTANT: After turning off the television, allow the television to remain plugged into the AC outlet until the internal cooling fans have stopped running.
- After the internal cooling fans have stopped running, unplug the television power cord from the AC outlet.
WARNING: There is a risk of personal injury.The surface of the lamp remains extremely hot. Allow at least 30 minutes for the lamp to completely cool before proceeding.
- Remove the front panel from the television.
- Remove the screw from the lamp cover using a screwdriver or small coin.
- Remove the lamp cover.
- Loosen the two screws that secure the lamp using the hexadecimal (hex) key supplied with the new lamp.
- Remove the lamp.
- Insert the new lamp.
NOTE: Do not touch the front glass of a new lamp or the glass of the lamp receptacle. This may reduce picture quality or lamp life.
- Tighten the screws to secure the new lamp.
- Mount the lamp cover, ensuring that the screw is securely in place.
IMPORTANT: Ensure the lamp cover is mounted properly, otherwise the STAND BY indicator will flash three times and the television will not power when turned on.
- Attach the front panel of the television.