The fan speed can be adjusted in the PowerPanel™ power management utility.
- Disabling the fan will cause the PowerPanel™ power management utility to regulate heat by adjusting the CPU speed. When the system temperature reaches a certain level, the PowerPanel™ power management utility will decrease the CPU speed and a drop in system performance may be seen.
- It may be necessary to edit each profile to conform to the desired Thermal Control strategy. If each profile is not edited, the same issue may arise due to actions of the Automatic Profile Selector .
- Click the Start button, point to All Programs , point to PowerPanel , and click PowerPanel .
- In the PowerPanel window, on the Power Profile tab, click the Edit/Create Profile button.
- In the Profile Editor window, in the right pane , right-click the CPU Fan Control icon.
- In the dialog box, click to select the Quiet option.
- Click the File menu, then click Exit .
- In the You have changed settings... window, click the Yes button.
- In the PowerPanel window, click the OK button.
NOTE: Once a profile setting is changed, the new settings will not take effect until the computer is restarted.