If the active subwoofer will not turn on, there may be a problem with the power source. Follow these steps to try to resolve this issue.
IMPORTANT: If model-specific information is needed for any of these steps, refer to the instructions supplied with the product. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Verify the AC power cord for the active subwoofer is connected to a working AC outlet.
- Try plugging the AC power cord into a different AC outlet to make sure there is not a problem with the current outlet.
- Make sure the POWER switch on the active subwoofer is set to on.
- Depending on your subwoofer, turn the POWER SAVE switch to the off position so the active subwoofer remains on at all times.
- Verify that the POWER/LED lamp on the subwoofer is lit up. If the lamp is not lit and you have verified the AC outlet is live, there is a problem with the subwoofer itself.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.