How to transfer a music file from a computer to the VAIO Pocket™ Digital Music Player using the VAIO Music Transfer™ software.
- Files are converted to the ATRAC format for playing on the portable music player.
- The previous transfer list is deleted by starting a new transfer, restarting VAIO Music Transfer™ software, or disconnecting and then reconnecting the portable music player.
- Use the SonicStage™ software to edit or delete tracks after they have been transfered to the portable music player.
- Music files can only be transferred to the VAIO Pocket™ Digital Music Player from a computer hard drive. Transfer from a computer CD or DVD drive is not supported in the the VAIO Music Transfer™ software.
- When turned on while connected to a computer, the music player automatically switches to Data Transfer Mode.
- The portable music player must be in Data Transfer Mode to transfer music files.
On the computer, start the VAIO Music Transfer™ software.
- Using Windows Explorer, locate and open the folder containing the music files to be transferred.
NOTE: If the location of the music files is unknown, you may have to perform a search or find for the name of the folder that contains the files or the name of a music file.
- Drag and drop the desired music files to the VAIO Music Transfer window.
NOTE: A Transfer Completed window will be displayed once the conversion process finishes.
- In the Transfer Completed window, click the Close button.