It is normal for the camera to lose time and date settings if the internal battery is left uncharged for an extended period of time; some cameras will default to the time-setting screen when turned on if this happens. Follow the steps below to resolve this issue.
- Turn off the camera.
- Do one of the following:
- Insert a fully-charged battery pack into the camera.
- If the camera is supplied with an AC power adapter, plug the adapter into a working electrical outlet and then connect it to the camera.
- Allow the internal battery that retains the time and date information to charge for at least 90 minutes.
- After enough time has elapsed to sufficiently charge the internal battery, turn on the camera.
- Set the time and date.
- Turn off the camera for 30 seconds.
- Turn on the camera again.
- Check to see if the date and time have been saved.
The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.