Follow the steps below if the camera gets wet or is accidentally dropped into water:
- Immediately retrieve the camera from the water or move it to a dry location.
WARNING! : There is a risk of hardware damage. Do not attempt to turn on the camera at this time. Due to the voltage provided by the battery, if any amount of water has leaked into the camera circuits, turning on the camera at this time could cause significant damage to the camera.
- Use a dry towel to wipe any water off the exterior of the camera.
- Remove the battery.
- Leave the battery compartment open.
- Remove the recording media.
- Leave the media compartment open (if applicable).
- Place the camera in a warm, dry location for at least 24-48 hours to allow sufficient time for any internal moisture to evaporate.
- Only after the camera has had a significant time to dry should you attempt to turn it on. If at this time, it is determined that the camera is not operating, then it should be evaluated by an authorized service technician. Go to Product Repair.