IMPORTANT: Sony® DCR-DVD92, DCR-DVD105, DCR-DVD205 and DCR-DVD602 camcorders do not support USB connectivity. Alternatively, video recorded with these models can be copied from the DVD using the DVD-ROM drive of a computer.
To use the software bundled with your DVD camcorder, select the appropriate software title below:
NOTE: If the software included with your camcorder has been lost or damaged, a copy of the software may be available for purchase through Sony Parts and Accessories Sales. Go to Parts and Accessories.
If you do not have any of the software titles listed above, you can instead copy the video to the computer using the steps below:
- Turn on the computer.
- Connect the USB cable to the USB port on the camcorder.
- Connect the other end of the USB cable directly to the USB port on the computer.
- Turn on the camcorder.
- On the LCD screen of the camcorder, touch COMPUTER or USB CONNECT .
- The available selection will differ depending on the camcorder model.
- After the computer recognizes the connection, some camcorders may continue to display Connecting... even though the connection has already been established. This is normal operation for some camcorder models.
- Open the My Computer window on the computer.
NOTE: The camcorder will be listed in the My Computer window as an additional DVD-RW drive.
- In the My Computer window, open the DVD-RW icon that represents the camcorder.
NOTE: Certain operating systems may require that you right-click the DVD-RW drive and select explore in order to view the available folders.
- Click to select the VIDEO_TS folder (or BDMV folder for high-definition video recorded with an AVCHD DVD camcorder).
- Press the CTRL+C keys on the keyboard to copy the folder and all its contents.
- Click on the computer desktop or folder where you want to copy the video contents.
- Press the CTRL+V keys on the keyboard to paste the folder and its contents into the desired location.
- The video content in the VIDEO_TS file can be played back by dragging the folder into a DVD Player application.
- To edit the video content in the VIDEO_TS file you must use software that is compatible with the .VOB format .
- High-definition video in the BDMV folder can only be played back using the Player for AVCHD software provided with the camcorder.