You can transfer the video from your camcorder using the Apple iMovie® software. Support is available at http://www.apple.com/support/imovie/.
NOTE: If iMovie software is not installed on your computer, you can copy the video from the camcorder and convert it using another software program.
- Turn on the computer.
- Make sure the camcorder is turned off.
- Connect the camcorder to the computer using the supplied USB cable.
- Plug the AC power adapter into an electrical wall outlet and then connect it to the camcorder.
- Open the LCD screen on the camcorder.
- Turn on the camcorder.
- Touch the Hard Disk USB SELECT [FIG.1] icon on the camcorder LCD screen.
NOTE: After the computer recognizes the connection, it will list the camcorder hard drive as NO NAME on the computer desktop.
- Start the iMovie application.
NOTE: The message Camera detected - scanning contents will appear.
- Click File then click Import from Camera ...
- In the Import From: NO NAME window, click to select the clips you want to import from the camcorder.
NOTE: All unimported clips will be selected when the window opens. If you only want to import a few clips, click the Uncheck All button, then click the checkboxes of the individual clips you want to import.
- Click Import Checked.
- In the window that opens, click to select the location you want to save the movies files to, the Event in iMovie and the format.
- In the Import Complete window, click OK.
The movie clip is now saved on the computer hard drive and can be edited using the iMovie application. You can export the clip to a variety of formats using the options under the Share menu in the iMovie application.
More information about using iMovie is available in the software help files and at the Apple Web site at http://www.apple.com/support/imovie/.