Follow these steps to transfer video from a camcorder DVD using the DVD-ROM drive in an Apple® Macintosh® computer.
- The DVD must be finalized in the camcorder prior to beginning this procedure. Refer to your owner's manual for detailed information on the procedure to finalize a disc using the camcorder. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Do not use an 8cm CD adapter with the 8cm DVD. Doing so may cause a malfunction. If the DVD-ROM drive does not support an 8cm disc, use the USB transfer procedure instead.
NOTE: This solution only applies to DVD-RW, DVD+RW, and DVD-R recorded with a DVD Handycam® camcorder. Copying movie files from copyright-protected DVDs is not supported.
- Insert the camcorder DVD into a computer DVD-ROM drive that supports 8cm discs.
NOTE: An icon of a DVD will appear on the desktop.
- On the computer desktop, click the DVD icon.
- On the menu bar, click File.
- In the File menu, click Open.
- In the DVD window, click to select the VIDEO_TS folder.
- On the keyboard, press Command+C to copy the folder.
- Open the folder or directory on the computer where you want to copy the video.
- On the keyboard, press Command+V to paste the folder containing the video into the desired location.
- The video content can be played back by dragging the VIDEO_TS folder into a DVD Player application like iDVD® software.
- To edit the video content you must use software that is compatible with the.VOB format .