Follow these steps to setup and activate the ATI TV Wonder™ Digital Cable Tuner CableCARD™ device.
Note: If prompted at any point, enter the Digital Cable Support Product Key and click Next.
- Verify the computer has an active Internet connection.
- An Internet connection through a proxy server will not work.
- Download and install the latest video driver and TV tuner firmware update available online. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
- Verify only one firewall application is enabled and configured correctly.
- If using the Symantec® Norton® Firewall, update to the latest version by running Norton LiveUpdate.
- Connect the coax cable to the coax connector on the back of the computer.
- Do not plug in the CableCARD device yet.
- Click the Start button, click All Programs, and then click Windows Media Center.
- In the Start screen, scroll to Tasks, and then scroll to and click Settings.
- In the Settings screen, click TV.
- In the TV Settings screen, click Set up TV Signal and follow the on-screen instructions for the Standard TV Setup.
- Insert the CableCARD device into the ATI TV Wonder Digital Cable Tuner Card.
- When the CableCARD device is inserted, a Do you want to setup your Cable? message will be displayed.
- At the Do you want to setup your Cable? prompt, click Yes.
- At the playback prompt, click Yes to stop playback.
- At the Would you like to activate your Cable Card? prompt, click Yes and follow the on-screen activation instructions.
- If there is a Cable Company technician present, have the technician contact their Tech Support and provide them with the information displayed on the screen.
- Usually when a phone number is listed on the Call Your Cable Company screen, the CableCard device has not been activated yet or has not been through the complete setup procedure. If a phone number is not listed, the CableCard has been activated. If this is the case, click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the activation and setup procedure.
- Once the Cable Company has been contacted and given the needed activation information, click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the activation and setup procedure.
IMPORTANT: After activating your digital TV CableCARD device, expect to wait 4 hours before being able to view digital TV channels.
- If you are still experiencing problems viewing digital TV channels, verify the digital TV CableCARD device has been activated.