IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
- Start Windows Media player.
- In the left pane, click Create Playlist, type the name of your playlist, and press Enter on your keyboard.
- Right-click the newly created Playlist and select Edit.
- In the left pane, under Library, click to select Artist or Album view.
- The next steps are with the Album view selected.
- Double-click an album that you would like to add to your Playlist.
- Drag and then drop the songs to the Playlist in the right pane.
- Repeat these steps for other albums and songs.
- Use the back arrow to return to the Library.
- After you finish creating the Playlist, click the Save Playlist button.
- Connect your portable player to the computer.
- After the portable player is recognized, in the left pane under Playlists, drag and then drop your playlist onto the player.
- Click the Start Sync button to transfer the songs and playlist to your portable player.
If the portable player fails to sync after multiple attempts, you may need to format the player and then re-attempt to transfer the files.